This package is designed to help Year 11 students to plan for their future and to give them focus during this time they have away from school. You will also see a link to additional resources provided by Alton College which are subject specific and offer an opportunity to prepare for September.
What it is:
- A set of progression sheets which help students study some content ready for post-16.
- A balance between academic material and a focus on helping them adjust and prepare for September
- A simple way of giving them focus and tracking what they have done without any workload on staff.
How it works:
- Students select a progression sheet that interests them and they choose tasks to complete
- There are subject specific sheets and wider skills sheets focusing on social and emotional progression
- They complete the ‘Progression Log’ which logs what they have learned and their own next steps
- They create a portfolio (online or in a folder) which shows some of their thinking and work
Who it’s for:
- Year 11 who are about to go into post-16 courses - there are progression sheets by groups of subjects
- ANY of the sheets can be used by any year groups - the material is relevant across all of them
- Feel free to download all of the material into your own school site
We hope that your students enjoy this and that it will help them find purpose and focus in this difficult time. This is the time for them to re-direct their learning ready to start September as prepared as they can be.
We hope it’s helpful.
Huddle-an introduction and student progression log
Huddle-parent and student pamphlets
Huddle-project futures grids
Huddle-Year 11 and 12 subject progression tasks
Alton College - Getting Ahead
At HSDC Alton, they know how important it is to you to feel prepared for your new adventure starting at College in September. That's why their amazing teaching staff at Alton Campus have created activities and prep work for you to get stuck into over the summer. The work provided will help develop your skills ready for your course(s) in September. Don't worry, the work won't be marked but it will help you in your first few lessons!
So, take a look at the course(s) you have applied for below and see where the prep work takes you!